Friday, December 14, 2007

The Almond Window



Today while rummaging through the web, looking for fodder to sketch, I stumbled upon this eye. It caught my gaze and seemed to look right into me and as I looked back I saw something more than just an eye. I saw my self. It made me think of how our friend Jim once said poets write about the strangest and simplest things.



The Almond Window


I settled into that gazing pool
Where pain and pleasure cumulated
Like ions on a retinal rod


Stealing x-rays of my inner shade
A keepsake devil caught to display
Within that pretty almond window


For just a breath my pulse quickened
While some cathexis penetrated
And wooed me into woolgathering


A wink would have killed the glassy mood
But alas your shutter is affixed
To capture all these charmed immersions

12-14-07

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Glad to see my eye still floating around.....congrats on the books!!