Thursday, February 17, 2011

Turning Pages PayPal Link

For anyone that would like to purchase my book of poems entitled "Turning Pages", it is available through Amazon.com for $12.95 plus shipping. PayPal link

I am proud to say that the book has received amazing reviews. Thanks to everyone who has supported my work. I am currently working on another book of poems also, which I hope to get published as well. It is titled "Estranged Union" and is in the haibun style. Haibun is traditionally a Japanese style travel journal used to enspire a poem. Here is the latest haibun from the collection:

February 8, 2011

It was 2:00 a.m. and minus 11 degrees outside and I am tired and I am here at Ford Sterling again; again in the filth and the rust and the grease. Today, at 2:00 a.m., I feel no presence of heaven or hell, no reason or purpose for existence. There is only this moment and the promise of its end. I watch the moon drift in the bitter sky, like a glowing cradle in a pitch black sea, in the sour smell of cutting fluid and axles being born of it and I understand that all of this is for nothing. I understand that everything we do in this life is to simply occupy our time, for not a soul can truly explain or understand why we are here, why we exist. Man has no true purpose in the universe. We simply exist to try and keep existing; a warped loop of insanity where nothing really comes of our “progress”, just another generation to pick up where we left off.

They Sleep

They sleep –

Within the maze

Of machines

They sleep –

Through the static

And the hum

They sleep –

As time unfolds

And blankets them

Each wink slipping

Into the past, into decay

They sleep –

As if their bones

Had long been planted

They sleep -

No comments: